Interested in volunteering to help run the event in exchange for a free place?
Want to join the Berlin Campaign Forum but don’t have the budget or can’t afford it? Why not volunteer?
Each year we have a team of volunteers to help ensure the event runs smoothly, drawn from the ECF community itself. It’s a great way of making sure that the facilitators really understand the event, and the participants’ needs, and of enabling people to attend who couldn’t otherwise.
Team members need to be willing to muck in with whatever needs doing, from photocopying and moving chairs upwards, but we usually allocate each team member one or more focus tasks, such as:
- contributing to the Berlin Campaign Forum conference pages
- collating and checking presentations and supporting presenters for a particular stream
- taking photos and compiling an audio-visual slideshow for the closing session
- supporting the open space agenda-setting
- capturing outputs
Team members need to be available to attend the full conference, arriving noon on the first day (Tuesday, Nov 7, event start 18:30) to help with set up through to the end of last day’s closing session.
In return you get:
- the chance to come! (We do our best to make sure volunteers get to as many sessions as possible, tasks permitting.)
- accommodation on site if you need it.
We want to offer the chance to attend BCF to those who couldn’t otherwise attend. We prioritise:
- Applicants from very small organisations with little or no training budgets
- Students/ interns with some relevant experience
- Activists who campaign on a voluntary basis
How to apply
If you’d like to apply, please send us (firstname.lastname@example.org) a CV (or link to a LinkedIn profile or similar) and a SHORT statement (no more than 300 words) covering:
- Why do you want to attend BCF?
- What do you think you could contribute?
- Any specific relevant skills and experience (We’re especially interested in photography, video, writing, Powerpoint-wrangling, WordPress-wrestling, Storify-subjugation, running unconference/Open Space format events)
- Whether any of the event streams are of particular interest to you
- Why do you need to come as a volunteer team member?
- Whether you will need accommodation. (If we have volunteers who are local/can arrange their own place to stay we may be able to expand the team.)